1. Definition of Personal Information
2. Utilization Purpose of Personal Information
Increments may use customers' personal information for the following purposes.
- (1)System operation for member administration required to use the service of Increments
- (2)System operation to improve the convenience of Increments
- (3)Notice to customers including maintenance information and important communication that are necessary to use the service of Increments
- (4)E-mail news letter and notice that Increments considers useful to the users
- (5)Response to questions and inquiries to Increments
- (6)Distribution of targeted advertisement based on information such as users' behaviors, gender, or access history within Increments
- (7)Development and use of statistical information within Increments to the extent that individual cannot be identified
- (8)Provision and sharing of information for other services of Increments
- (9)Data analysis and evaluation necessary for the novel exploitation of Increments
- (10)Provision of information to Increments' business partners to the extent that individual cannot be identified and within the scope of permission of the member
3. Change of the Utilization Purpose of Personal Information
Increments may change the Utilization Purpose of Personal Information to the extent that the change is reasonably considered relevant and shall notify or announce to customers if there is any change.
4. Limit of Utilization of Personal Information
Increments shall not, unless otherwise permitted by the Personal Information Protection Act and other laws and regulations, handle personal information beyond the extent necessary for the achievement of the utilization purpose without obtaining the prior consent of the person. However, this shall not apply to the following cases.
- (1)Provided by laws and regulations
- (2)Required to protect a human life, body, or property, and obtaining a consent from the person is difficult
- (3)Required especially to improve the public hygiene or sound growth of children, and obtaining consent from the person is difficult
- (4)Required to cooperate with the national agency or local government or person who was received entrustment from such body to execute business affairs provided by laws and regulations, and obtaining consent from the person may negatively affect the execution of business affairs
5. Appropriate Acquisition of Personal Information
Increments shall acquire personal information by an appropriate way and not by a fraud or other wrongful means.
6. Safe Management of Personal Information
Increments shall provide necessary and appropriate supervision to the employees of Increments to manage personal information safely considering risks such as loss, damage, falsification and leakage of personal information. Also, in case of entrusting all or part of handling of personal information, necessary and appropriate supervision shall be provided to the entrusted entity so that the personal information is safely managed.
7. Provision to Third Party
Increments shall not, unless otherwise the disclosure is permitted by laws and regulations, provide personal information to the third party without obtaining prior consent from the person. However, the following cases are not considered as the provision to the third party specified above.
- (1)Increments entrusts all or part of handling of personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the utilization purposes
- (2)Personal information is provided in association with the transfer of business due to a merger or other reasons
- (3)Information sharing in accordance with the separate provisions
8. Disclosure of Personal Information
If Increments is requested by a customer to disclose personal information based on the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Act, Increments shall disclose the information to the customer without delay after confirming that the request is from the person (if no corresponding information exists, we would inform the customer accordingly). However, this is not applicable if Increments is not obligated to disclose in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act and other laws and regulations.
9. Correction of Personal Information
If Increments is requested by a customer to correct, add, or remove (hereinafter referred to as "corrections") of personal information in accordance with the provisions of Personal Information Protection Act for the reason that the personal information is untrue, Increments shall conduct a necessary investigation without delay to the extent necessary to achieve the utilization purpose after confirming that the request is from the person. Based on the result of the investigation, Increments shall correct the content the personal information and notify the customer accordingly (if Increments decides to make no correction, we would inform the customer accordingly). However, this is not applicable if Increments is not obligated to correct in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act and other laws and regulations.
10.Suspension of Use of Personal Information
If Increments is requested by a customer to suspend the use or remove (hereinafter referred to as "suspension of use") of personal information in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act and other regulations for the reasons that the personal information is handled beyond the scope of utilization of purpose preliminarily announced or acquired by a fault or other wrongful means, if the request is confirmed reasonable, Increments shall execute the suspension of use without delay after confirming that the request is from the person and notify the customer accordingly. However, this is not applicable if Increments has no obligation of suspension of use in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act and other laws and regulations.
11. Use of Cookie and Other Technologies
Services of Increments may use Cookie and other similar technologies. These technologies are useful for Increments to understand the usage status of our services, and they would contribute to improve our services. If a user desires to disable Cookie, he/she can do so by changing the setting of web browser. However, if Cookie is disabled, a part of the services of Increments may become unavailable.
12. User of Google Analytics and Other Analysis Tool
In this service, Increments acquires statistical usage information using Google Analytics, Mixpanael, and Deskmetrics to study the trend of users. For more information of Google Analytics, please access the following URL. http://www.google.com/analytics/
13. Contact Information
Should you have any request for disclosure, concerns, questions, and other inquiries regarding handling of personal information, please contact us:
- Company Name: Increments, Inc.
- Operation Director: Hiroshige Umino, director and chief administrator of personal information
- Address: Shinagawa East One Tower 8F, 2-16-1 Konan, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0075, Japan
- E-mail: email@example.com
(Please note that our business hour is from 9:00 to 17:00 on weekdays only.)
14. Continuous Improvement
(Revised May 31, 2018)
- Operation Director changed to "Hiroshige Umino"
(Formulated on June 1st, 2012)