- How to enable multitouch
- How to support both retina and non-retina displays
- How to load images and sounds
- How to play sound effects
- How to create sprites
- How to extend the Cocos2d-x Sprite class
- How to create labels and update them
- It must support multitouch since it's a two player game
- It must be played on large screens since it's a two player game
- It must support retina displays because we want to cash in on that
- It must be played only in portrait mode because I built the art in portrait
Open the terminal and create a new Cocos2d-x project called AirHockey that uses C++ as its main language.
cocos new AirHockey -p com.Almond.AirHockey -l cpp -d /Users/Almond/Desktop/AirHockey
Once the project is created, navigate to its proj.ios_mac folder and double-click on the AirHockey.xcodeproj file.
Select the top item in Project Navigator and making sure the iOS target is selected, edit the information by navigating to General/Deployment info, setting the target device to iPhone and Device Orientation to Portrait and Upside Down.