AWS Well-Architected Review – What is it?
Cloud computing services are changing as the years have passed, and it is certainly the case with the AWS environment. Tech geeks have been largely successful in creating fresh instances, making changes in security groups, and do a little tinkering on the new AWS Services. Even after all that, it could turn out to be a disaster.
This is the reason Amazon Web Services now recommend carrying out a Well-Architected Review for 12-18 months. This is a new cloud computing solution that is available, and it outlines a seamless approach to gauge the AWS architecture and thereby solve any problems that might occur.
This review is carved out of the AWS Well-Architected Framework, which comprises many best practices that have been officially recommended by AWS themselves. Let us take a look at some of the following sections on the AWS Well-Architected Review.
Introduction to the AWS Well-Architected Framework
The framework is constructed out of five principal factors that are called pillars. Every pillar is made out to assist you with addressing a specific facet of the environment,
- Operational Superiority
This can be defined as the ability to operate and monitor the systems that provide value to your business with no interruptions. It would, therefore, help you with surpassing your existing process steps. Some of the best design principles that are recommended by AWS are as follows,
- Operations can be carried out in the coding format.
- Documentation with specific interpretations available.
- Carry out small changes from time to time, should also be mercurial if need be.
- Operational steps should be refined time and again.
- Learn to assess failures constantly.
- Expect to fail; otherwise, you would not learn from it.
This can be defined as the capability to secure information and important assets that are valuable for the business. Risk assessment and countless alleviation strategies are exceedingly important during the implementation of security. Some of the important design principles with regards to security are as follows,
- Implementation of a powerful identity subsection.
- Sanctioning traceability.
- Security is a must at all of the layers.
- Automate the best practices with regards to security.
- Data protection during transportation and while at rest.
- Unsuspecting users must be kept away from data.